If you’re an author and want to stay on top of the important issues in the world of publishing — issues that affect you — you need The Hot Sheet
With all the chatter out there, it will help you sort through the noise with stories that focus on relevant topics from across the publishing spectrum. From author success stories to key industry statistics, you’ll find what you need to know in The Hot Sheet
. Among the most important insights in this issue:
- At the Frankfurt Book Fair, the CEO of Kobo was widely quoted when he said that self-published ebook sales represented a whole other Penguin Random House on the market for his company. We take a look at the full context of his remarks in today’s issue.
- We spoke with the folks at Yonder, a new premium reading app launched by Wattpad–Webtoon. While it’s somewhat comparable to Kindle Vella, the platform is invite-only. It may provide another way for publishers to monetize their backlist and reach new readers.
- At an Authors Guild panel on building relationships with independent booksellers, sound and evergreen advice was offered for traditionally and self-published authors.
Here's a look at the new edition's table of contents:
- Hot Shots
- Self-Publishing Sales Collectively Represent a Whole Other Penguin Random House
- New Serial App Yonder Joins the Wattpad–Webtoon Family
- Building Relationships with Independent Bookstores
- Links of Interest
- Old Flames
The Hot Sheet is delivered every 2 weeks via email.