by Laura Dawson
Bowker | Tue Apr 2, 2013
- Vook - In addition to ebook conversion, interactivity, and other services, Vook distributes ebook files to Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble, and their own Vook storefront.
- BookBaby - You can upload an EPUB file to Bookbaby, and they will distribute it to Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Scribd, Sony, Copia, Gardner's, Baker & Taylor, eBookPie, and eSentral.
- PigeonLab - You can distribute your ebooks to Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo.
- Smashwords - Uploading your file to Smashwords means that your book can be distributed to Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Sony, Baker & Taylor, Diesel eBooks, as well as Smashwords's own retail store.
- Publish Green - In addition to conversion and other service, Publish Green distributes to Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Sony, eBooks.com, and nearly 20 other retail outlets.
- Lulu - Working with Lulu means your books can be distributed to Apple and Barnes & Noble.
- Ingram CoreSource - Ingram has expanded their distribution services to include self-published authors and micro-publishers.
- eBookIt - You can upload an EPUB file to eBookIt, and they will distribute it to Apple, Sony, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Kobo, Diesel, Google, as well as Ingram CoreSource.
Some distributors require a percentage of the sales - that percentage can vary widely from 30-70%, depending on the arrangement. Other distributors charge a flat fee. Still others will distribute a validated, well-formed EPUB file at no charge, because their core business is conversion or some other service. It's important to explore, determine exactly what you want, and see which service supplies that and for how much.