Start out the year on the right side of the law! Independent authors and publishers are going to love what Bibliocrunch has in store for you in January’s free webinar with special guest panelist Attorney Stacy Grossman.
Are you self-publishing a book and curious about legal issues you might face? Does your manuscript quote from third party materials and are you unsure if you need permission from the source? Are you curious about legalese in agreements? If you’re looking for answers to these legal questions (and more!), you’ve come to the right place.
Join Stacy Grossman, an attorney with more than 20 years of experience, on January 25, 2017 as she provides answers to essential legal questions, including:
- What are the definitions of “libel” and “invasion of privacy,” and what best practices guard against them?
- When is it necessary to get permission to quote material?
- What exactly is “fair use?”
- What’s the best way to find out whether content is in the public domain?
- What legal issues should we be aware of when using content from the internet?
- What are key issues in publishing agreements?
- Who is responsible for vetting manuscripts?
Stacy will stay on for a Q&A session after the live presentation. We encourage questions, so come prepared!
Click here to reserve your spot now.
Miral Sattar is Founder & CEO Bibliocrunch.com
Auburn Seal is Chief Marketer at Bibliocrunch.com, and a best-selling author
For more ways to contact Bibliocrunch, view us at: Learn Self-Publishing Fast.
Want to learn how to double and triple your book reviews? Sign up for our FREE 5-day email course. Watch us on BBC World News! Read about us on the cover of Money Magazine! Also check us out in Consumer Reports, Bloomberg Businessweek, MediaBistro, PublishersWeekly, PBS, WSJ, TheNextWeb, and other media outlets!
Biblio Profile: http://bibliocrunch.com/miralsattar/
Twitter: @miralsattar | @bibliocrunch
Publishing Tips Blog: http://bibliocrunch.com/blog