by Richard Smith
Bowker | Wed Aug 24, 2016
If you’re an author and want to stay on top of the important issues in the world of publishing—issues that affect you—you need The Hot Sheet.
With all the chatter out there, it will help you sort through the noise with stories that focus on relevant topics from across the publishing spectrum. From author success stories to key industry statistics, you’ll find what you need to know in The Hot Sheet. Click here to Subscribe to The Hot Sheet!
In the newest edition of The Hot Sheet from Jane Friedman and Porter Anderson, we have special analysis for authors of the surprise dismissal of Barnes & Noble's latest CEO, and its implications. We also look at Wattpad's new way to pay its writers, "Wattpad Futures" as well as how many folks don't get paid when they try to fund a publishing campaign on Kickstarter. In our report on the huge Writer's Digest Annual Conference in New York, we look at subtle changes in parts of the author market. And we've also got special insights into The New York Times' change in leadership in book reviews, a new bestseller analysis, our usual Links of Interest, Hot Sheet Index, and more. Great Labor Day reading, join us with a 30-day free trial.
The newest edition of The Hot Sheet features these topics of industry interest to savvy authors:
- Barnes & Noble CEO Is Fired Less Than One Year after Taking the Job
- Wattpad Experiments with In-Story Advertising and Giving Writers a Payout
- Kickstarter’s Publishing Campaigns Pass the $100 Million Mark
- At Writer’s Digest’s Annual Conference: Magical Thinking and Brass Tacks
- New York Times Reorganizes All Book Coverage under One Person
- Links of Interest
- On the List: Moonshot
- Hot Sheet Index
- Hot Sheet Services Directory